Vibrant Dragonfruit Melon Sorbet (SO easy!)
When life gives you lemons...make sorbet! Living in Houston, it's practically summer all year 'round so we love to cool off eating all things cold and tasty. Being a mom of super girly girls means my girls are more likely to try new foods if they're cute and/or colorful. This easy and vibrant Dragonfruit (also called "Pitaya") sorbet recipe will easily become a refreshing, staple not to mention a show stopping dessert at your next gathering.
Serving Size: 4-6 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL-FREE
- In high speed blender, combine Pitaya Plus frozen cubes, Powder, frozen honey dew cubes, and coconut cream.
- After blending until smooth, add in syrup, to taste.
- Pour into container, seal and keep on flat surface for approximately 2.5 to 3 hours. Serve and enjoy, letting thaw for 3-5 minutes if necessary. Store in freezer.
- I added Pitaya Plus Powder to make the color more rich and vibrant. You can
omit, if needed. I love keeping this natural fruit powders on hand since we make desserts often, and they are full of extra vitamins and nutrients.
- If you don't have frozen honeydew, you can add more Pitaya cubes. The wonderful thing about Pitaya/Dragonfruit is the flavor is so mild it goes well with SO many fruits: Strawberries, Kiwi, Pineapple and more. Feel free to use what you have on hand - this is a wonderfully simple recipe that is fool proof.
- If you don't order the Chocozero syrup, you can also use organic agave.
NOTE: If you still incorporate dairy in your plant-based lifestyle, feel free to sub heavy cream in place of coconut cream 1:1.