Vegan Peanut Caramel Bars
With no added refined sugar, these will be the perfect macro-friendly vegan substitute if you ever loved snickers bars. They can easily be made ahead of time and the richness of the dates will satisfy cravings while the fiber and 5 grams of protein will help keep you full.
Serving Size: 24-26 Prep Time: 15-20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 150 grams uncooked Luptopia Protein Crumbles
- 90 grams almond flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. sugar free syrup (SEE TIPS)
- 10 oz vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 c roasted and salted peanuts, slightly chopped (SEE TIPS)
- 8-9 dates, soaked in warm water, pitted
- 1/3 c plant milk
- Preheat over 350 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat well with non-stick cooking spray
- In medium bowl, mix Luptopia Protein Crumbles, almond flour and salt.
- Pour in syrup and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread on baking sheet and press mixture until evenly distributed on the sheet pan. You can use a small piece of parchment paper or just use dampened fingers.
- Bake for 10 minutes until slightly golden and place in freezer to cool.
- In high speed blender, mix dates, slowly adding the plant milk.
- Take base mixture from fridge and, once completely cooled, spread date mixture evenly. Top with chopped peanuts and place in fridge.
- Using double broiler, melt the chocolate chips to pour over the sheet. You can also microwave chocolate chips, just put on the melt setting and stir frequently.
- Take sheet pan out of fridge and pour melted chocolate evenly, You may have to use a spoon to fill in any gaps.
- Top with sea salt if desired. I didn't do this when making them because our peanuts were already salted and hubby doesn't care for that strong flavor combo.
- If you prefer not to use sugar free, you can easily substitute for organic blue agave or similar.
- We roast and salt peanuts since hubby loved all things peanut butter. You can use unsalted peanuts if you don't care for the salty/sweet combo!
- In place of dates, you can use salted peanut butter.
Don't have Luptopia Protein Crumbles?