If you or your family members are just warming up to tofu, this is a simple and delicious dish that you can even prepare the night before. After making this protein-rich dish, you will never go back to making regular lasagna again! This was made to be macro friendly, but can easily be modified using whatever pasta noodles you like! See tips at bottom for more details.
Serving Size: 6-8 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚DAIRY FREE
- 1 (12 oz) package of super firm or firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 (8 oz) packages of Protein lasagna sheets (SEE TIPS FOR GF)
- 1 - 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2-3 fresh garlic clove s minced
- 1 - 1.5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (if you don't like the spiciness this brings, omit.)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 TB plant milk
- 1/2 TB olive oil (omit if prefer not to use oil)
- 8-12 oz pasta sauce (use extra if you like more sauce)
- 2 c Vegan mozzarella shreds, divided
- 1/4 - 1/2 c shredded Vegan Parmesan
Optional veggie add ins we like:
- Mushrooms, diced
- Thin slices of Eggplant, patted dry
- Meat substitute crumbles (cooked, drained)
- Artichoke hearts, quartered
- Other veggies of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse/Drain pasta sheets as directed
- In medium bowl combine tofu, spices, plant milk, oil sauce, and approx 3/4 to 1 cup vegan mozzerella cheese.
- In an 9x13 baking dish, layer sauce/tofu mix, baby spinach, lasagna sheets in pattern.
- The top layer should be sauce/tofu, bit add more sauce if needed.
- Sprinkle Vegan Parmeson and remaining Vegan mozzerella shreds.
- Place covered in oven and bake for 35 min.
- Last 5 minutes uncover until bubbly
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and garnish with parsley or chopped basil, if desired. Keep leftovers in fridge for consumption within 5-7 days.
- Feel free to use regular lasagna pasta sheets. Want low carb/Keto friendly pasta sheets? We really like Palmini lasagna sheets (they were featured on Shark Tank!)
- Violife feta is a great option if you are 100% plant-based/ Vegan. If you still incorporate dairy, you can also use any brand of Traditional feta cheese, shredded cheese and parmesan.
- Spices and freshness are SO important to dishes, especially ones like this with limited ingredients. Be sure to spread seasonings and cheese evenly.
NOTE: If you still incorporate meat and/or dairy while transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle, feel free to add in meat crumbles or diced chicken along with dairy shreds.