Easy Vegan Three Bean Chili
This simple chili is something that can be make on the stove or even thrown into the crockpot. Hearty and comforting, it will be a go to meal you can easily make all year round.
Serving Size: 5-7 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL FREE
- 1 (15.5-oz) can organic northern beans, rinsed
- 1 (15.5-oz) can organic pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 (15.5-oz) can organic black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup Luptopia Protein Crumbles
- 1 c spinach, chopped
- 1 red bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 TB Liquid Smoke
- 12 oz fire-roasted tomatoes (canned), chopped
- 3 c + 1/4 c vegetable broth (I buy low sodium)
Optional add ins:
- Serranos (whole for flavor) or minced
- 1 package seasoned Gardein meatless crumbles, cooked
- Other veggies of choice
- In large stock (soup) pot, heat 1/4 c veggie broth on medium high, adding in onions and bell pepper.
- Add in minced garlic and lower heat if necessary to prevent garlic from burning.
- Stir in spices, cooking for 1-2 minutes or until blended.
- Pour in Luptopia Protein Crumbles, fire-roasted tomatoes, spinach, beans and any other add ins desired
- After another minute, stir in vegetable broth and liquid smoke.
- Simmer on low heat for 25-30 minutes to allow beans and add ins to take on broth flavor. Add additional seasonings, to taste
- Serve with toasted lavash bread, topped with vegan shredded cheddar cheese, or just by itself!
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days. Freezes well for up to 2 months in air tight container.
- You can saute the onions and bell pepper in oil (replacing 1/4 c) of veggie broth
- Spices and freshness are SO important to dishes, especially ones like this. Be sure to season with your favorites, and add/take away to your liking
NOTE: If you still incorporate meat and/or dairy in your plant-based lifestyle, you can add cooked, seasoned ground beef or cooked, seasoned ground beef and top with sharp cheddar shreds.