Tumeric Tofu Scramble
Start your day off with these tasty scrambled "eggs"!
Serving Size: 1 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL FREE
- 1 serving of Super Firm Tofu,
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 - 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Raw veggies of choice, chopped
- Garlic powder, Salt, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, and Black pepper to taste
- 2-3 TB Vegetable Broth
- Heat 2 TB of vegetable broth in a pan on medium heat
- Add raw veggies and saute. I used peppers, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes (added tomatoes at the end).
- Add tofu in pa, mashing/scrambling with spatula
- Stir frequently for 2-4 minutes until broth is dried up
- Add in chosen spices and cook 4-5 minutes, adding extra TB broth if scramble is sticking to pan
- Remove from heat and serve alone, on top of toasted rounds; Garnish with all your faves - my go to things are avocado and sriracha sauce.
- I used Super Firm Tofu, but ok to sub softer options
- Tumeric is not only a great, mild spice for color, it has numerous benefits such as being a powerful antioxidant and a natural anti-inflammatory
- Feel free to use whatever veggies you like/have on hand/are in season
- You can also substitute veggie broth for oil, if preferred