Simple Protein Lupin "Rice"
If you're looking for a heart-healthy, delicious plant-based food, this Lupin "rice" recipe is the perfect complement to any meal or eat as is! Naturally gluten free, high in natural legume protein and probiotic fiber, a wonderful source or iron and more!
Serving Size: 4-6 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL-FREE 💚KETO FRIENDLY
💚MACRO FRIENDLY 💚DIABETIC FRIENDLY
- 1 cup dry Luptopia Protein Crumbles
- 2 c + 1/4 c TB Low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped (omit if you don't like spicy)
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 2-4 carrots, diced
- 1-2 tsp Onion Salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Red Pepper flakes (omit if you don't like spicy)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- In medium pan, heat 1/4 cup vegetable broth to a simmer and add in chopped veggies until tender/onions are translucent.
- Combine Luptopia Protein Crumbles with spices
- Add Luptopia Protein Crumbles and 2 c of remaining veggie broth in pan.
- Continue to simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- If broth dries before 3 minutes is up, add in water or more veggie broth.
- Remove from heat and drain any excess broth or keep cooking in pan on lower temp to dry up any excess moisture.
- Fluff with fork and enjoy as is, in salad, as a side - the possibilities are endless!
- For reduced sodium, replace veggie broth with water.
Don't have Luptopia Protein Crumbles?