Simple, High Protein Pasta w/Meatballs
This meal is dedicated to those of you like me that started out with high hopes on your plant-based journey: You know, the part where you'll grow your own veggies, make every meal from scratch to feed yourself, those you love maybe even your neighbors, while still having time to save the world.
BUT, reality is that meal prep can be awful, you dislike complicated meals because you feel compelled to use every dish and utensil, and you just want simple recipe that can at least win as runner up on Nailed it. Soooo...here you go.
Serving Size: 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL-FREE
- 2(15 oz) cans of favorite tomato sauce
- 1/2 package veggie meatballs (we like Gardein)
- 1 (8 oz) pkg GF pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c Luptopia Protein Crumbles
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp onion powder, to taste
- 1/4 c. nutritional yeast OR 1/4 c vegan mozz shreds, optional
- Parsley for garnish, optional
- Cook Pasta as directed, saving pasta water.
- In large saucepan or pot, pour sauce, add in garlic and spices. Stir, add in Luptopia Protein Crumbles, meatballs and simmer as directed for about 12-15 min on medium heat (reduce heat if sauce begins drying up).
- One the meatballs are warmed all the way through, add pasta water as needed until desired consistency.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low, adding in spinach and nutritional yeast/mozz shreds until wilted and blended.
- Serve over pasta and top with extra vegan cheese if you'd like
- Top with remaining nutritional yeast and panko/bread crumbs
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers or freeze 1-2 months in air tight container.
Don't have Luptopia Protein Crumbles?
- I find for Banza, I have to undercook the pasta slightly to be sure it's not too mushy/gummy.
- Choose low sodium sauce if you prefer