Pumpkin Spice Protein Donuts
I have never been a big PSL fan, but shove a donut in my face and it's on like donkey kong (do people still say this?). These amazingly moist and delicious protein donuts are guilt-free, gluten free, and oil free...whaaaat?!
Plus for the roughly the same amount of calories as a protein bar, you can eat 10 mini donuts (20 cals/5C/2P/0F plus 1 gram of fiber) and still stay within your macros...ask me how I know lol. Not sorcery - just Luptopia!
Serving Size: 60 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 package (12 oz) Luptopia Protein Pancake, Waffle and Muffin Mix
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 30 grams protein powder of choice
- 1/2 c plant milk
- 1/2 TB lemon
- 1.5 TB sugar free maple syrup (SEE TIPS)
- 1.5 cups water
- Preheat over 350 F.
- Pour entire package contents, protein powder, and pumpkin spice into medium bowl; whisk together.
- In small bowl, mix milk and lemon and whisk to make "buttermilk. Add in maple syrup, pumpkin puree and water.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until combined.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into sprayed/nonstick mini donut pans. (You can also use regular sized donut pans and bake for 15-17 minutes.)
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until sides donuts life away from pan.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and top with icing and Store in air-tight container or keep refrigerated.
Don't have our Luptopia Protein Mix?
- 1 cup Swerve or confectioner's sugar (SEE TIPS)
- 1 TB sugar free maple syrup
- 2-3 TB plant milk (I use Silk Ultra)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2-3 TB finely crushed pecans, toasted
- Whisk Swerve and pumpkin spice together. Slowly add in maple syrup and plant milk until desired consistency.
- Feel free to use regular maple syrup. We switch back and forth depending on our macros, but the nutrition label is based on sugar free.
- You can use regular confectioner's/powdered sugar, but keep in mind this will change the macros.