Chocolate Cranberry Protein Granola - V, GF
I have always loved granola as an anytime snack, but to be honest have been disappointed with the options in stores. Most brands are high carbs, high sugar and often high in fat and calories. This recipe is amazingly delicious AND healthy, giving you lower calories, sugar and higher protein, fiber and nutrients. Just to warn you, it's super addicting (it was a hit at our house) so be sure to make multiple batches in case you have to share!
Serving Size: 25-26 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40-45 min
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL-FREE 💚MACRO/LOW CARB FRIENDLY
- 210 grams uncooked Luptopia Protein Crumbles
- 100 grams gluten free oats
- 65 g chopped walnuts
- 50 g coconut sugar (SEE TIPS)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60 g pea protein powder (SEE TIPS)
- 50 grams dried cranberries
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp chia egg (1 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp water)
- 50 g Non dairy vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat over 350 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat well with non-stick cooking spray
- In medium bowl, mix Luptopia Protein Crumbles, and all other ingredients (except cranberries and chocolate chips)
- Add chia egg to mix and stir well until coated.
- Fold in cranberries and mix well.
- Press in baking sheet with parchment paper (the pieces will be in various sized clusters)
- Bake for 20 minutes stirring midway.
- Reduce temperature to 325 and stir, baking another 20-25 minutes, stirring throughout until desired crispness. Remember you can always toast longer once cooled, but be careful not to burn.
- Once mixture has mostly cooled, stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Store in air tight container.
Nutritional Facts 1 oz (28 g): 100 cals/12g carbs (5g being fiber)/7g Protein/4g Fat/4g of sugar/130mg Potassium/70mg Calcium/1.2 mg Iron
- If you prefer a more keto friendly recipe, you can substitute the sugar and reduce the amounts of cranberries and chocolate. I haven't tried the taste on this method mainly because I am ok with including some sugar in my diet.
Don't have Luptopia Protein Crumbles?