Easy, No Bake Protein Energy Bites
If you're looking for simple, high protein energy bites, this recipe is for you! This batch makes each bite about 60 cals/11 carbs/4 grams of plant protein. Naturally gluten free, these keep well and can be perfect for an on-the-go snack!
Serving Size: 26-28 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 0
- 1 cup cooked Luptopia Protein Crumbles
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 5 TB cocoa powder (SEE TIPS)
- 3 TB raw cacao nibs (SEE TIPS)
- 30 grams Pea protein or protein powder of choice (SEE TIPS)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 TB plant milk, as needed (SEE TIPS)
- 3/4 c finely crushed protein cereal (SEE TIPS)
- In dry high speed blender or food processor, blend dates and vanilla.
- Add in cooked Luptopia Protein Crumbles, pea protein and cocoa powder, scraping sides as needed to be evenly blended.
- Add in plant-milk if mixture seems too thick. It shouldn't be too thin, but no need to adjust as freezing these will help the bites keep their structure.
- Form into bites, about 1.5 -2" in size. I use a melon scooper for this.
- In bowl or small bag, toss bites in crushed protein cereal
- Place in an air tight container and refrigerate or freeze. Refrigerating will keep them softer, but I prefer the freezer for a firmer bite!
- Keep refrigerated for up to 7 days, or freeze 2-3 months.
- Raw cocoa powder has a bit more bitter flavor. If you don't like dark chocolate/bitterness in pure chocolate, use Dutch cocoa powder for a smoother finish.
- I love raw cacao nibs since they are unprocessed and full of nutrients, antioxidants, and protein. It does have a bitterness that some people don’t care for so if you like a sweeter energy bite, use mini vegan chocolate chips (my picky kids prefer the sweetness over raw cacao).
- I use regular unflavored pea protein, but feel free to experiment with a flavored protein you love! You can also use powdered peanut butter.
- Any plant milk will work, but my favorite for desserts is Silk Ultra Protein and Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.
- I used crushed Three Wishes Cinnamon cereaL since it's a fave in our house! If you want more of a raw ingredient, roll in finely crushed nuts of your choice. Rolling in a crushed ingredient is for flavor and texture, but also to ensure the outside layer doesn’t stay sticky and keeps these easy to store.
Don't have Luptopia Protein Crumbles?