One Pot High Protein Veggie Soup - V, GF, WFPB
First, let me say that veggie soup is always a hodge podge at our house. Meaning typically I make it when we have random veggies in the fridge about to go bad. What I love about soup is it's something I can throw in the crockpot. It ALWAYS turns out good if you season it as desired. Feel free to add in or omit any veggies you like/dislike.
Serving Size: 6-8 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL FREE
💚WHOLE FOOD PLANT-BASED
- 1 (28 oz) can Fire Roasted tomatoes SEE TIPS
- 48 oz of Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes (I used Hot) SEE TIPS
- 2 cups, uncooked Luptopia Protein Crumbles
- 2 cubes No beef Bouillon
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup green beans, chop in 1" pieces
- 2 peppers, diced (I used poblano)
- 1/2 red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, whole SEE TIPS
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 medium carrots, diced
- 2-3 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- water, as needed
Optional add ins:
- Lentils and/or favorite beans
- Gardein meatless crumbles, cooked
- Other veggies you love!
- In large stock (soup) pot, pour in veggie broth, fire roasted tomatoes, rotel and bouillon (break in smaller pieces and bring to a rolling boil until bouillon is almost all dissolved
- Stir in spices except for salt and pepper
- Pour in Luptopia Protein Crumbles and all chopped veggies
- Simmer on low to medium hear for 25-30 minutes to allow veggies and any add ins to take on broth flavor. Add additional seasonings, to taste
- Serve with gluten free crackers/bread, toasted lavash or any other side of choice!
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5-7 days. Freezes well for up to 2 months in air tight container.
Nutrition Facts 1/8 serving: 120 cals/16 g carbs/13 g protein/13 g fiber/2 g fat/4 g sugar/1.8 mg Iron/40 mg Calcium/430 mg Potassium
Don't have Luptopia Protein Crumbles?
- If you don't care for the smokey flavor of fire roasted peppers, use regular stewed tomatoes.
- If you don't like spicy food at all, omit the crushed red pepper, serrano, and paprika., hot rotel and add in equal parts stewed/diced tomatoes or vegetable broth.
- Spices and freshness are SO important to dishes, especially simple ones like this. Be sure to season with your favorites, and add/take away to your liking