Roasted Red Pepper Protein Spread
Try this high protein, vibrant and delicious recipe that can be used as a spread or dip for veggies. Naturally gluten free, high in natural legume protein and fiber, a wonderful source of iron, calcium, potassium and more!
Serving Size: 16 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1 cup/ 120 grams cooked Luptopia Protein Crumbles
- 3 TB nutritional yeast
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped (omit if you don't like spicy)
- 1/2 c. low sodium cannellini beans (SEE TIPS)
- 1/4 c. basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tsp onion powder or onion salt
- 5 oz roasted red peppers in a jar (including liquid)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Red Pepper flakes (omit if you don't like spicy)
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- sea salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 c low sodium veggie broth, as needed (SEE TIPS)
- In high speed blender or food processor, place Luptopia Protein Crumbles long with all ingredients except 1/4 c low sodium veggie broth (stopping to scrape the sides, if needed)
- Once combined and blended until smooth, slowly add in low sodium veggie broth or omit based on desired consistency.
- Use as a spread, dip for veggies - the uses are endless!
- For a creamier dip, replace beans with cashews (soaked to ensure they blend smoothly).
- If you desire the flavor of oil, add in olive oil a TB at a time, to taste.
Don't have Luptopia Protein Crumbles?