Garlicky Mushroom Toast
I have loved avocado toast since before it was a thing, but I am even more obsessed with anything that has to do with mushrooms. If you're like me, you MUST try this easy, filling recipe for a delicious, high protein snack (35 grams!). I added high volume veggie cauliflower and a hint of smoked gouda. Yuuuum!
Serving Size: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1/2 cup (60 g) cooked Luptopia Protein Crumbles
- 1/4 cup cooked cauliflower, mashed
- 2 slices of low carb/low cal bread, toasted (SEE TIPS)
- 2 TB plant-based milk
- 1 sliced smoked veg cheese, cut up in pieces
- 8 oz. organic baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 TB veggie broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- onion salt, to taste
- 1TB balsamic vinaigrette
- Green onion for garnish
- In medium pan, saute the baby bella mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper in veggie broth on low to medium heat. Once tender, remove from heat, stir in balsamic, and set aside.
- Add in onion salt and part of the garlic to Luptopia Protein Crumbles. Cook as directed (ready in 3 minutes)!
- While still hot, fold in veg cheese and slowly add in plant-milk and cooked cauliflower mash until creamy. If you are cooking crumbles and cauliflower on stovetop, you may have to warm until desired consistency or heat for 30 seconds in microwave so the consistency is smooth.
- On both pieces of toast, layer equal amounts of mash and then top with balsamic coated, garlic mushrooms. Garnish with green onions and enjoy!
366 calories/33.4g Carbs/35g Protein/10.5g Fat
- We buy Aunt Millie's Low Carb bread. Not only is the taste amazing, it's only 30 cals per slice. Feel free to use bread of choice (or gluten free), but keep in mind the macros breakdown will be different.
- I recommend using a thicker plant based milk for desired consistency. You can also add a bit of vegan butter for a creamier, richer flavor but it will change the nutrition breakdown.
- If you have an aversion to cauliflower, sub with potatoes.
Don't have Luptopia Protein Crumbles?