Protein Chocolate Muffins (w/optional filling)
Protein packed, gluten free muffins packed with fiber and tons of nutrients like iron, magnesium and potassium. With only about 7g protein per muffin and 100 calories, you will love making these for an easy on-the-go breakfast or even healthy snack!
Serving Size: 16 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 24-26 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL-FREE
- 1 package (12 oz) Luptopia Protein Pancake, Waffle and Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 30 grams Pea Protein or protein of choice
- 1 c buttermilk (1 c plant milk + 1 lemon, juiced)
- 1/4 c water
- 1/3 c non dairy chocolate chips
Optional Additional Steps.
- Strawberry Compote filling: 1 c strawberries (or other fruit of choice), 3/4 c sugar free substitute or regular organic sugar, 2 TB tapioca starch or 2 TB ground chia. Whisk together until combined and bring to boil in pan on the stovetop. Add in water as needed, cooking 5-7. Let cool to thicken or store in airtight container until ready to use. Great for topping pancakes and waffles, too!
- Mix all dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add in water and buttermilk; blend until well-combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture 3/4 full into sprayed/nonstick or lined muffin pan
- Bake for 23-26 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
- Enjoy warm or cool before coring to fill with compote. Keep refrigerated.
Don't have our Luptopia Protein Mix?