Easy Pear Galette - V, GF
If you've ever made a galette, you know that it's one of the most forgiving desserts that gives you permission to make it as rustic as you want and always seem to turn out delicious! Full of natural protein thanks to our protein crumbles, this will be a hit you can make all year round based on any fruit that you love.
Serving Size: 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- 3/4 c Luptopia Protein Crumbles
- 1 c almond flour
- 1/2 c gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 TB sugar substitute or organic coconut sugar
- 1 TB unsalted non dairy butter, COLD
- 3 TB ice cold water
- 10 oz of pears, sliced thinly (about 3 cups)
- 1 TB sugar substitute or organic coconut sugar
- 2 tsp tapioca flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 c brown sugar substitute or organic brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In large food processor or bowl, combine almond flour, Luptopia Protein Crumbles and gluten free flour, salt, and sugar/sugar subsitute. Pulse in or beat in the butter into the dry mix until crumbly. Slowly add in ICED water. The dough should not be overly moist, so feel free to mix with flour-dusted hands.
- Shape mixture into ball and lay in between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Press and roll into about 9-10" diameter and place in fridge.
- For filling, mix last 3 ingredients together gently to not break apart the pear slices.
- In baking tray lay the crust from fridge (removing top parchment paper) and arrange filling in circular pattern only in the middle of the crust. You need about 2" or so allowance of the edges to fold over the the filling.
- Gently fold over crust, slightly overlapping if needed. Brush with plant milk and sprinkle 1/4 c brown sugar subsitute/organic coconut sugar in center and on crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges of crust become golden. You will have to watch it as every oven cooks differently and you don't want it to burn.
- Remove and cool; Serve warm with your fave non dairy ice cream or coco whip.
- Store 5-7 days in air tight container in fridge.
- You can swap the filling for any fruit you like - even frozen fruit works!
- For a sweeter galette, feel free to use more sugar substitute or organic sugar.
Don't have Luptopia Protein Crumbles?