Crispy & Spicy Garlic Tofu Bowl
If you don't like the typical spongy-ness that tofu often has, this is a great filling and easy bowl that results in crispy tofu every time. You will never want to cook tofu the same way every again!
Serving Size: 5 Prep Time: 10 Cook Time: 35 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL FREE
- 1 - 16 oz package of unfrozen organic super firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 4 oz Spicy Garlic Sauce
- 1-2 TB rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid amino
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 TB veggie broth + extra
- 1(16 oz) package baby bella organic mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 10 oz broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 2 - 2.5 cups packaged cailirice, steamed or microwaved
- 1-2 TB Sambal Oelek chili paste
- TB crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- Sea Salt, Onion salt, Black pepper to taste
Instructions for Tofu
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees (can also use oven)
- In Large mixing bowl, whisk spicy garlic chili paste, rice vinegar, liquid amino, half of minced garlic, and spices.
- Add cubed tofu, gently turning with spoon in sauce to coat all pieces. Marinade for 30 minutes or, if you have time, leave to marinade overnight in fridge.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread coated pieces without overlapping and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning frequently
- About halfway through cooking, brush any remaining sauce on pieces after they have been turned several times. You will need to brush on sauce more if you use an air fryer so the pieces don't get too dry.
- In medium pan, add in bella mushrooms and onions, crushed red pepper and remaining minced garlic. Add veggie broth and simmer until mushrooms are fully cooked/browned. Add in more veggie broth to keep from drying as needed.
- Remove from heat.
- After tofu is finished cooking, toss with regular chili paste, coating evenly.
- In large bowl, arrange caulirice, broccoli, mushrooms, red cabbage and spicy tofu. Enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in fridge - these make meal prepping super easy!
- If you can, use Super firm tofu that has been frozen and thawed. Regular refrigerated super firm tofu works, too. Place on paper towel or in tofu press and proceed with recipe. Frozen tofu gives a "meatier" texture.
- See below for the spicy garlic chili sauce and chili paste. You can find these on Amazon, at some grocery aisles in the asian cuisine section, or at asian supermarkets.
- Feel free to add in/ swap with veggies of choice