Protein Cookies and Cream Donuts
One thing we love in our house is dessert for breakfast, but obviously all desserts (while perfectly fine in moderation) are not all created equal when we talk about healthy. Since transitioning to plant-based foods, my goal was to revamp the breakfast goodies my whole family loved and transform them into something healthy we could eat every day if we wanted. This delicious recipe is high protein with 10 grams per regular donut, macro friendly and gluten free. Not sorcery - just Luptopia!
Serving Size: 60 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 package (12 oz) Luptopia Protein Pancake, Waffle and Muffin Mix
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 40 grams protein powder of choice
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1.25 c water
- Preheat over 350 F.
- Pour entire package contents and protein powder into medium bowl; whisk together.
- In small bowl, mix milk and lemon and whisk to make "buttermilk. Add in vanilla and water.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until combined.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into sprayed/nonstick mini donut pans. (You can also use regular sized donut pans and bake for 15-17 minutes.)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until sides donuts life away from pan.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and top with icing (See below). Store in air-tight container or keep refrigerated.
Nutrition info per 1 mini donut with icing as directed (batch makes 60 minis): 25 cals/6 g carbs/2 g protein/1 g Fat/1 g fiber/<1 g sugar
Nutrition info per 1 regular sized donut with icing as directed (batch makes 12 large): 120 cals/29 g carbs/10 g protein/2 g Fat/5 g fiber/6 g sugar
Don't have our Luptopia Protein Mix?
- 1 cup Swerve or confectioner's sugar (SEE TIPS)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 TB plant milk (I use Silk Ultra protein)
- 2 oz chopped or crushed plant-based cookies and cream cookies
- Place Swerve in small bowl. Slowly add in vanilla and plant milk, until desired consistency.
- You can use regular confectioner's/powdered sugar, but keep in mind this will change the macros.
- Mix is gluten free, but not cookies. Swap out cookies and cream cookies for gluten free cookies of choice to make 100% gluten free.