Try this super simple spicy recipe to make sliders, burgers or just add into a ginormous salad or on top of a bed of couscous/rice. This also pairs well with our Sriracha Avocado dressing.
Serving Size: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL FREE
- 2 c. Chickpea (garbonzo beans), cooked or canned (rinsed, see tip below)
- 1/2 medium Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 medium Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped onions
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TB ground flaxseed + 3 TB water (let thicken)
- 1 tsp tumeric, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable broth, as needed
- Preheat Air Fryer 375
- In food processor or even blender, mix all ingredients together until desired consistency. If you find the mix is a bit drier than you would like, add, add vegetable very slowly, 1 TB at a time.
- Form mixture into patties (whatever size you prefer) but let them be about 1/4" thickness each
- Place panko crumbs in shallow dish and slowly press each patty into the mixture to coat.
- Place on parchment lined pan and put into air fryer about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through or until desired. I tend to like my food a little crisp on the outside to offset any softness on the inside.
- Serve on a bun, on top of salad or a bed of couscous/rice. Pair this recipe with our avocado dressing!
- Don't forget to save the Aquafaba liquid to use, such as our Avocado Sriracha dressing!
- You can make this spicier based on your preferences
- If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook this in an oven or even a convection toaster oven.