Cashew Red Pepper Dip
This super simple dip is great with veggies, chips, topping sandwiches, wraps and using as dressing for salads.
Serving Size: 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: minutes
- 1 1/4 c. - 1.5 c. cashews, raw (see tips below regarding blending)
- 1/2 of a medium-sized red pepper, diced
- 2-3 TB nutritional yeast
- 3/4 c water (see tips below)
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 Serrano or jalepeno
- Blend all ingredients except 1/2 of red pepper until creamy in high powered blender, slowly adding water until desired thickness. Scrape sides with spatula as needed
- Add in diced red pepper and pulse (blend if you prefer a creamier texture).
- Serve immediately or keep in air tight container until use, consuming within 5 days.
- I use a Vitamix Blender but if you don't have a high-powered blender, I strongly recommend soaking the nuts overnight in water to soften prior to blending. (It will help the nuts soften and allow the texture be smoother as opposed to chunky.)
- For other options of liquid, you can use veggie broth or even non-dairy milk. Just make sure it's 1:1.
- If mixture thickens too much simply add more water to mixture, TB at a time, or if too runny, you can add in more cashews.
- You can substitute water for non-dairy milk 1:1 ratio.