"Caramel" Coconut No Bake Cookies
I always loved the Girl Scout Samoas, so here's a super simple recipe that may or may not last a full day. I've been obsessed with dates since going vegan because they give off a rich caramel flavor just on their own - and if you know me, I am caramel's #1 biggest fan. I love that you can also make these into energy bites!
Serving Size: 6-7 coookies Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 0💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL-FREE
- 1 c toasted unsweetened shredded coconut (See Tips) + 1/4 c. set aside
- 8-10 Medjool dates (pit removed)
- 1/4 c. Unsweeted/No Salt drippy Almond butter mixed with 1-2 tsp of cocoa (See Tips)
- Sea salt, optional
- Vegan marshmallows, optional
- Vegan chocolate chips, optional
- Toast shredded coconut on low until light brown, set aside to cool. You must watch carefully since the shredded coconut can burn quickly - ask me how I know lol.
- In high-speed blender, pulse dates. Add in shredded coconut and pulse again until well combined.
- Form mixture into 1" balls and flatten like you would cookies, placing on tray lined with parchment paper.
- Poke a whole in middle of each cookie, with straw or finger.
- Drizzle almond butter on each cooki (see Tips)
- Sprinkle the 1/4 toasted coconut and salt while almond butter is wet.
- Store in air tight container or fridge for 5-7 days.
- Ok to substitute to sweetened coconut and/or peanut butter 1:1.
- If almond butter mix is not as drippy, warm in piping bag or add 1-2 TB warmed milk. You can also omit the cocoa and/or add some coconut sugar to sweeten this up, but the cookies have such a rich taste, I didn't feel like it was necessary.
- Top with vegan marshmallows or chocolate chips
- To create energy bites, mix with seeds, some almond butter, chocolate, any other add-ins that you like! Then, simply keep the mixture in 1" balls (or desired size) and place in an airtight container inside fridge.