Black Forest Protein Cake Muffins
Simply delicious! This protein take on Black Forest Cake in form packs protein, fiber, and a thick, gooey compote center. *Drool*
Serving Size: 12 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL-FREE
- 1 package (12 oz) Luptopia Protein Pancake, Waffle and Muffin Mix
- 8 oz cherries (fresh or frozen works)
- 1/2 c water
- 3 tsp instant coffee
- 1/4 c cocoa
- 1/2 c non-dairy buttermilk (SEE TIPS)
- 1 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1.5 cups water
- Preheat over 350 F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add in water and blend until well-combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed/nonstick muffin pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
- Enjoy warm; Store in air-tight container or keep refrigerated.
Optional Streusel Topping
- 2 TB of vegan butter, room temp but not melted
- 2 TB gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 TB organic granulated sugar
- Whisk/Blend ingredients
- Sprinkle streusel topping over each muffin prior to baking.
- Add zest of 1 lemon and 1 TB lemon juice when adding water for tasty lemon-blueberry muffins.