Baked Pesto Pasta with Tofu
A quick and delicious meal that is easy to make ahead! Try this with our Kale Garlic Pesto recipe.
Serving Size: 4 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE
- 1 lb Super Firm Tofu, pressed and cubed
- Garlic Kale Pesto
- 1 box (8 oz.) Banza Chickpea Rigatoni
- 1/4 c. Nutritional yeast
- Homemade Kale Garlic Pesto; You can also used store-bought Pesto, just be sure it's FRESH in the deli/cold section of the grocery not the jar.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta as directed, al dente. Do not over cook.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cubed tofu and Kale Garlic Pesto until pieces are evenly coated.
- Arrange pasta in 8x8 dish, and add tofu, extra pesto, and nutritional yeast.
- Bake, covered, for 35-40 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate up to 7 days, or can freeze up to 2 months.
- It's best to use Super Firm Tofu, but ok to sub softer options
- Whole Wheat pasta can be substituted for Chickpea pasta.
- Can be served chilled
-If desired, add halved tomatoes near the end of baking.
NOTE: If you still incorporate meat and/or dairy in your plant-based lifestyle, you can combine pesto with uncooked, diced chicken bake (covered) at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Uncover, top with mozzarella and continue baking until bubbly.